The firm’s attorneys are committed to service—both to their clients and their communities. Here are just a few of their recent accomplishments…
- U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers® included the firm on their 2017 “Best Firms” list for the Metro Nashville area, including Top Tier designations for appellate litigation, non-profit law, and insurance law.
- Attorneys have been named by publications and local groups to lists including “Best of the Bar,” “Nashville’s Top 50 Attorneys,” and “Tennessee Top 100.”
- Attorneys were included in the 2014 Mid-South “Rising Stars,” 2015 Mid-South “Rising Stars,” and 2016 Mid-South “Rising Stars” list published by Super Lawyers®.
- Lawyers have been named among as Best Lawyers®’ “Lawyer of the Year” in the Metro Nashville for Labor & Employment Litigation (Margaret Behm 2013), Commercial Transactions/UCC Law (Harlan Dodson 2013), Appellate Practice (Donald Capparella, 2014 & 2016), Insurance Law-Coverage (Donald Capparella 2015 & 2017), Municipal Law (Margaret L. Behm 2016), and Non-Profit/Charities Law (Margaret L. Behm 2017). These awards are given only upon nomination and voting by peers practicing in the same field of law.
- Three attorneys serve as faculty members at law schools.
- In 2016, our lawyers led presentations at sixteen educational seminars and professional gatherings including the National Business Institute, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Tort Law Conference, and the Family Law Conference for Tennessee Practitioners.
- Collectively, the firm’s attorneys author and edit three legal treatises and a monthly newsletter subscribed to by courts and law libraries across the state in addition to multiple articles for state and local bar journal publications.
- Attorneys volunteered for or served on the boards or committees of 21 different non-profit organizations, community groups, schools, and government commissions.
- Many of the firm’s attorneys have been included on the Tennessee Bar Association’s “Pro Bono Honor Roll,” and eight attorneys received recognition from the Tennessee Supreme Court for pro bono service.
- The firm’s commitment to public service activities and the organizations to which attorneys donate their time have been recognized by organizations including the Tennessee Supreme Court, the Mayor’s Office, the Tennessee Justice Center, Nashville Pro Bono, and the American Bar Association.